Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Our last concert of the season is April 2 in the East Village

Schubert's famous song cycle, Winterreise is a seventy-minute meditation on love and loss in wintertime. Its twenty-four songs form a story arc that has captivated audiences since 1828. Darren Chase sings his own English translation of the work, creating a direct connection to the music for an English-speaking audience. Michael Scales accompanies this two-man opera and plays Erik Satie's Pi├Ęces froides (Cold Rooms) as a prelude.

April 2 at 8:00 PM
New York Theatre Ballet Studio
131 East 10th Street, 2nd Floor (Entrance on 11th Street)
New York, NY 10003
$10 Admission

Come say goodbye to winter with us. Then we'll put this baby to bed until next January, when the cycle starts again.


"I close again my eyelids
My heart still warmly strains
Will green leaves grow in the window?
Will I hold my darling again?"

-- No. 11, "Dream of Spring"


No comments:

Post a Comment